Friday 22 August 2014

My budget

Well its been a bit of a search for me trying to find an aquarium I liked, I wanted a a rectangular one with the filter on the back with a nice look something a bit modern an sleek and bot is there a large choice depending on what you want to spend. So I now I think have found the right one for me its the Fluval Reef M-90 Premium from the sites I have checked for price it is about what I wanted to spend with the bonus if including a lot of the hardware I need and they are selling this with a stand so no extra cost there.

M-90 Premium

Description below taken from Fluval Aquatics web site
Designed with clean lines and a contemporary finish, the Fluval Reef aquarium comes equipped with everything you’ll need to recreate a successful marine reef enviroment , including Fluval’s widely popular Marine & Reef Performance LED. This high-efficiency light features 6 unique LED band widths with essential actinic blue wavelengths for full spectrum coverage that will drive photosynthetic activity and coral growth, while also offering an accurate viewing experience. The 102 L (27 US gal) aquarium includes an integrated rear compartment (34L  or 9 US gal)  that discreetly houses a Fluval Sea Protein Skimmer, in addition to an integrated drain valve with drain hose that will permit convenient water changes by connecting to a simple valve system. This will allow the user to change up-to 20% of aquarium water volume without exposing sensitive corals to air. The glass aquarium features a unique frosted rim frame that keeps unsightly water lines out of view. The aquarium also comes equipped with a compact and submersible M-series heater and effective CP Circulation Pump.

so far from my list this tank ticks off the Tank with stand, Powerhead, Heater, Light, Protein Skimmer, and a pump to get the water back from the filter and all for £600.  Next is adding 1kg of live rock per 10 litres (maybe a bit more) roughly £150 and  another £26 in live sand.
why use Seneye to monitor your aquarium?



Im going to make my life a bit easier by purchasing water with the salt already added my local in 25 litre tanks which works out to another £45 to get started.

in addition to the above I will get a tank monitor as reading test kits can not only be difficult at times they can be hit and miss you can get some very expensive ones there are also people out there using a Raspberry Pi setup but I have been pulled towards the Seneye reef.

Why the Seneye reef?

We buy a fish tank to hold water, then a heater or chiller to keep the temperature constant, filters to keep the fish from becoming poisoned, along with lights for illumination and plant growth. Then we spend a fortune on fish, coral, plants and décor which we become very attached to. The next step is to cross our fingers and hope for the best or spend half our lives testing and checking is all okay. There is an alternative, let seneye protect your loved ones.

http://www.seneye.com/why.html

And the grand total is over £1000 before live stock thankfully I'm in no real rush I can't move the cold water tank for a few months so I have enough time to save up.  
Im going to need a bigger tank

No comments:

Post a Comment