Sunday 21 September 2014

Exploring new not so local fish shops (LFS)

Sorry for the late post this week has been one of those weeks.

I took some time out to visit Reef dreams in Winchester and Lynchford Aquatics  in Farnborough and wow what can I say about these shop's I though I'd start with and overview of Reef dreams.

Reef Dreams

So I arrived on a Wednesday  which I found out from the shop owner is the one day a week they don't actually open as they restock and do maintenance, but he was very friendly said as long as I took care when moving around the shop it was ok.

We got chatting about my plans to set up a Fluval M-90 tank as a reef tank but he suggested a  solution that requires a sump at this point my plans went into a spin. They have a 90cm kit which would have been a bit more than my original budget but this wouldn't have been a problem its just a couple of inch's to big for the space I have.

Walking around the rest of the shop I was blown away by the choices of coral's he was very happy to show off what the coral's look like under different lighting conditions, I now know where I need to go when I start this stage of my tank. The selection of other live stock was small but a great selection and honest advice on what to have for the size tank. To be honest I think this shop really deals with much larger set ups but was so friendly someone looking to set up a reef with no experience would not feel intimidated.

Lynchford aquatics

Another super shop they had a Seneye reef on a one of their tanks nice range of fish some would have been nice but not really reef safe (I'll go into this in my live stoke research post) but they had all the things I needed for an algae issue Im currently experiencing in my large tropical tank.

How I imagine my aquarium to look in a couple of year

No comments:

Post a Comment