Friday 21 November 2014

Getting the space ready early

This week has been a productive one, I have moved a very large movie collection from the spot where y new aquarium is to go. I have built 3 shelving units to house the collection and painted the area is preparation for for the big day. This is still a while away, I'm half way to my budget so far but there's a few things I didn't take into account which I will now need to look into.


So the first issue is the floor, the house sits on a slope and when they built the house the floor isn't completely level. This is a pretty minor issue I can shim the stand to level it not a problem I just need to add this to the check list when I start setting it up.


The second issue is a bit more pressing its the amount of electrical output sockets in the room. I can run an extension lead from a near by but I want to keep the area tidy with as few cables as possible. so the plan will been to get an electrician to install a new socket (preferably one with a waterproof cover) this will have its own fuse on the breaker box. This will leave the aquarium on its own circuit in the event something else in the house trips the sockets out.

No comments:

Post a Comment