Friday 28 November 2014

What's on TV

In between my research and current tank maintenance I like to take some time out to watch some TV for inspiration and also watch some video clips on you tube for more information on what other people are doing, how they do upgrades things like that. I thought I'd share some of my favourite fish related shows and Youtube channels.

Lets start with the TV shows: more for entertainment than learning something.


Tanked on Discovery Animal Plant, this might just be where I started saying to the family I want a marine aquarium. The tanks that Bret and Wade produce are stunning a bit like Orange county choppers where they do a lot of themed tanks. Their large installs can be seen in some amazing public places but they have made some as well as private installs.


Fish Tank Kings NAT GEO Wild, another great show amazing looking tanks they also do large public and private installations this team has a resident Marine Biologist Francis who is also a spokes person for Fluval.


River monsters Jeremy Wade this show has me hooked in many ways. Jeremy Wade follows up stories how fish are involved with the deaths of people on the river he thens fish's to find these river monsters. It's really gripping TV and the range of fish he catch's is amazing and terrifying.





Youtube Channels.

Please do not use these as your only source of information and my journey is really to give those about to take the step them selfs an idea of what to look for and hopefully encourage you to take the plunge. Use multiple sources, talk to your LFS and if you are lucky enough to have a local marine aquarium group talk to them you never know they may even help get you started. Also see my post of what I'm reading for books.

Mr Saltwater Tank TV a very helpful channel Mark share a wealth of knowledge tips and Product reiews. He also shares videos of his clients builds including a 6500 gallon outdoor saltwater pond and his own own home install. The Friday tips are worth a watch also.

Bulk Reef Supply.com  Another great channel much like Mr Saltwater Tank covering DIY projects, how tons and product reviews.

I subscribe to both of the above channels and find the advice pretty much is the same.







No comments:

Post a Comment